The Network for LGBT Health Equity is seeking a Program Associate to be located at our CenterLink office in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida!
And now for the nitty-gritty:
- 1. Assists in the implementation of action plan support systems as specified by protocol objectives
- Assists in maintaining the quality of all written and computerized network correspondence.
- Maintains complete and current contact information on all network participants
- Generates and disseminates routine communication pieces as assigned.
- Maintains training to manage network data in designated electronic formats, is responsible for entering, verifying and managing those data accordingly.
- Maintains multiple social media accounts based on Social Media best practices
2. Utilizes written and verbal communication to contribute to the effective functioning of The Network
- Maintains current knowledge of tobacco research by reading medical journals, articles and other related publications, attending conferences, seminars, forums, trainings and other available presentations
3. Provides administrative support to the Network for LGBT Health Equity
- Assists in the coordination and hosting of meetings.
- Responds to or refers all frontline phone or email communications about the network to the appropriate staff.
- Files, faxes and photocopies materials.
- Assists with online research as needed.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory and ordering supplies.
- Assists in preparing individual and bulk mailings in support of the Network’s activities.
- Prepares and disseminates minutes of various meetings.
- Performs data entry and database maintenance.
- Coordinates Steering Committee and sub-committee activity
- Meetings/ conference calls
4. Meets Agency Participatory Expectation
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested.
- Adheres to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality.
- Attends all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings.
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintain and provides agency with records of continuing education activities.
- Serves on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested.
5. Performs related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years of office experience required.
- Ability to use effective communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Database management, MS Office and web design experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work well in a small team setting, handle multiple tasks, prioritize assigned duties, and work independently is essential.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong interest in wellness/fighting Big Tobacco and LGBT health equity/public health highly preferred.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals (both in an office, as well as remotely).
- Experience building work relationships long distance is strongly preferred (The Network team works remotely).
- Experience working across ethnically and racially diverse communities required; demonstrated successes in cross-cultural collaborations preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of social media platforms, demonstrated history with building social media presence preferred.
- Must have the ability to work both collaboratively as well as independently.
Please send resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember, this position is based in Ft. Lauderdale, FL